This software solves any instance of educational timetabling problems expressed in the XHSTT format. The format is powerful and can adress several features and constraints of automated timetabling. The default solver engine consists of a hybrid heuristic algorithm, which is currently the state-of-art solver for this problem. Several customizations to the solver can be made, for example: the running time, the time for each algorithmic phase and algorithm-specifc parameters. Solutions can later be validated and visualized on HSEval.
[Runnable] [Source Code] [Instances] [Tutorial]
- State-of-art performance to solve educational timetabling problems;
- Several heuristics and models can activated;
- Solutions can be validated and visualized on HSEval;
- Guarantees a solution (you may allow more running time for better solutions);
- Ajustable running time and number of threads.
- Release a Windows executable file;
- Integrate with COIN-CBC open-source MIP solver;
- Improve the readability of the code;
- Develop a user friendly interface to handle the XML files;
- Create video tutorials about the software and/or formal documentation.
- Developers: Fonseca, GHG
- Programming Languages: C++ and C
- Technologies: GCC; NetBeans; Visual Studio; KHE library.
- Released on: Jan 2016
|Timetabling Solver Runnable||1 MB|
|Timetabling Solver Source Code||7.03 MB|
|Timetabling Solver Instances||561 KB|